In addition to content management and file transfer for your critical production processes you can also use WAM!NET for general enterprise file sharing. A new file sharing capability is provided through enhanced eFolio file sharing functionality which focuses on providing more visibility, management and reporting enhancements.
Not familiar with eFolios?
eFolios provide a convenient means to share files with others; whether they are WAM!NET users or not. An eFolio is an electronic portfolio of files that is shared with others through emailed links providing them with restricted access to the files.
The recipient of an eFolio is presented with an email whereby the files may be viewed and/or downloaded via links within the email message.
The sender of the eFolio is provided several options to restrict access to the shared files, such as:
- Whether the eFolio requires authentication to access the files being shared
- The number of times the contained files may be viewed and/or downloaded
- When the eFolio expires; number of days/hours or by number of times accessed
The following enhancements are being made to the eFolio functionality to provide an enterprise class file sharing solution.As an Administrator you will have the ability to:
- View and manage all eFolios created by yourself and all your users
- Report on the number of eFolios created overall as well as by individual users for a specified time period
- Report on eFolio activity for any specific user, involving a particular library, or a specific recipient email address or IP address
- Report on all current eFolios for all users that are queued and waiting to be sent
- Access a dashboard view of all eFolios you sent, both active and inactive
- View detailed transaction activity for eFolios you sent
- View a summary of recipient activity to know who has and has not accessed the eFolio and viewed the contained files
- Extend the availability of an eFolio, retire an eFolio early, or revoke access for one or more recipients
- Access a blog style stream of eFolio activity that impacts you
- Open your eFolios from within the Portal
- Forward an eFolio received within the Portal